Digital Juice at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old March 9th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #1
Major Player

Digital Juice

A couple of years ago I purchased some items fro DJ. The product was fine. The problem is they have been spamming me two or three times a day ever since. I have unsuccessfully tried unsubscribing numerous times, emailing customer service, and making their stuff as spam but it keeps coming. It's infuriating. Any ideas please?
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2014, 10:30 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Digital Juice

I have some of their stuff too. Like you, I got sick of the constant e-mails (a few years ago). It was not every day but it was too much. The unsubscribe button worked for me.

They are a perfect example of what not to do. Because of the overkill on the e-mail I am no longer up to date on their offerings I might have been interested in.

Steve
Old March 12th, 2014, 11:02 AM   #3
Major Player

My experience was like Steve mentioned. One email per week would be more than enough.
Old March 16th, 2014, 01:22 PM   #4
Major Player

Interesting: They've dropped down to one a day now, but despite continued unsubscribes and requests for them to leave me alone, they're still coming. I guess their business is so good they don't care how many people they piss off.
Old March 16th, 2014, 06:18 PM   #5
Major Player

If you are running windows and are a little tech savvy, you can install and set up MailWasher to stop them reaching your inbox.
Old March 16th, 2014, 07:34 PM   #6
Major Player

Nope. Mac guy here, although not a fanatic.

It's tempting to switch just to be able to get rid of these obnoxious spammers.
Old March 16th, 2014, 09:24 PM   #7
Equal Opportunity Offender

Running my own web servers, I have an additional tool at my disposal.

I can set up a server-level (before it gets to your mail software) rule to re-route all the offending emails from a particular email or domain location to another email address .... such as that of the CEO of the company.

(Once I rerouted the PITA emails directly to the email address of a manager that told me that no such thing was happening. Best therapy ever.)

Not only do you shift the daily annoyance burden to someone who can do something to fix it, but you also don't ever see those emails again.

Ask your hosting provider if they can set up an "account level filtering" mail rule for you.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2014, 04:17 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I get at least one a day, but that is only on Saturdays. Otherwise it's two like clockwork. I currently have them set up to go into my junk mail inbox.
Bill Zens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2014, 10:19 AM   #9
Major Player

I tried having it go right to spam on my Yahoo account, and it worked for two years, but suddenly it started popping up in my main In-box again. I mark them as spam, but they keep coming.

I even emailed the CEO of Digital Juice to ask for help. No joy.

I regret the purchase I made from them, and I damn sure won't make any more.
Old April 8th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #10
Major Player

Well, I was right at the point of changing my email address and dealing with the hassle that brings. I went into the properties settings in yahoo and tried everything to fend off the 3 or 4 DJ spams that come in daily. Nothing worked. After getting nothing from emailing their customer service and CEO, I called the phone number. Big surprise... a recorded message saying how important my business was to them. As a last-ditch effort, I left a message saying I was fed up and I was coming to visit them when I go to Florida next week.

Yesterday I got a call from what seemed to be a call center somewhere, judging by the caller's heavy accent and the background noise. He assured me they'd remove my name from the email list.

Today, for the first time in a couple of years, I did not get a spam from Digital Juice.

Knock on wood. Maybe I actually got somewhere.
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media