Digital Juice Thumbs Down at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old September 4th, 2014, 03:58 PM   #1
Major Player

Digital Juice Thumbs Down

I joined the Digital Juice founding members program. Within a few days the content engine they require you to use before you render quit working. My "on-line" session with help turned into a request for a screen shot of the problem...and then nothing. No follow up, no suggested solutions, nothing for days. I sent more screen shots, more requests for help, and nothing. I really needed the graphics fast, so had to rely on another source for the graphics.

Then I told them I would tell the community about their bad customer service because they were not responding to me at all, or working to find a solution to my problem. That is when I got an email booting me out of their program and refunding my money (don't have the refund yet). I didn't ask for the refund, I asked for good customer service. When I pointed this out to them they said they were definitely booting me out because I was a bad "partner".
Tim Paynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2014, 04:07 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Re: Digital Juice Thumbs Down

I left the "community" there 6 years ago for similar lack of interest in business practices. AFTER spending thousands of dollars.

Oh, and the Juicer doesn't work properly for me anymore either so I guess that "investment" went south for me too.
Old September 17th, 2014, 02:35 AM   #3
Major Player

They were just about having me convinced to pitch another 100 bucks to get to an even higher user level, after getting no help on making their product work. This company has some good stuff, but it is difficult to use and requires special extra steps to render it so you can bring it into your project and if you run into trouble, expect a black whole for customer service.
Tim Paynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2014, 07:52 AM   #4
Major Player

Interesting stuff here. I was on the verge of signing up. Now I'm having second thoughts.
Old September 17th, 2014, 09:14 AM   #5
Major Player

I did sign up to be a member, but have chosen not to sign up for the latest offer.

I signed up because you got a *lot* of their product at a huge discount. Once a member, for a $10 monthly subscription you get everything in the future for $1 per element. And, everything you've bought from them in the past on DVD is now available from them online for download as needed. The latest offer is that for a flat $99 fee you can waive the $1 per item forever.

Here's my take:
If you really like their stuff and plan to use a LOT of it, the membership is a great deal.
My problem is that I seem to have evolved in my style to a simpler approach. I don't use as many transitions and animated backgrounds and flashy elements as I once did. So I don't find as many of their products as useful as I once did. I'm still a member, and if I cancel the products are still useable. I will say that their new online interface is difficult to navigate - I still don't really understand it well. But for now I'm watching for new products to use up my available free credits on. After that, I'll have to see.

Again, if you like their stuff and need a lot of what they sell, it's a good deal.
David Dixon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media