DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/)
-   -   Duplicator Problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/totem-poll-totally-off-topic-everything-media/531562-duplicator-problem.html)

Barry Hunter April 6th, 2016 03:48 AM

Duplicator Problem

I have an Acard 1-7 Duplicator which is about 9 years old & works fine when I use Data-rite DVD-R 4.7gb 16x Full Face Printable, however, I`ve been told that this company has ceased producing these discs!

I have tried using Traxdata 16x & Sony 16x but when I do so the machine throws them out as a fail! They all work fine in one of my PC`s so I`m not suspecting that they are the cause.

I have checked on the Acard site & I have the latest firmware, I have also set the machine to "DAO" not "TAO" and tried various read & burn speeds, still without any success!

So does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix before I have to shell out for a new one?

Thanks guys.

Bruce Dempsey April 6th, 2016 06:13 AM

Re: Duplicator Problem

Each of of the burners might need a fw update
reset controller to default

Dave Farrants April 6th, 2016 06:49 AM

You had me worried there Barry, same duplicator probably about the same age, with original drives and with same firmware, the only discs I could get last week were Traxdata 16x - just tested and working fine - Whew!

Barry Hunter April 6th, 2016 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Dempsey (Post 1912176)
Each of of the burners might need a fw update
reset controller to default

I`ve gone through the various menus but can`t find where you can reset to default, any ideas please?

Dave Farrants April 6th, 2016 11:16 AM

There is no reset, fairly sure we have the same machine.

Correction - Menu 12-10 Resets to Default. (Manual page 83)

Dave Farrants April 6th, 2016 11:20 AM

There is a 'hidden' menu - Press ESC for 2 seconds, takes you to Menu 12.

(Interesting Fact - 12-16 tells you how many discs burned and how many failures, I never knew that!)

Barry Hunter April 6th, 2016 12:33 PM

Thanks for trying Dave, although my machine must be slightly different as 12-16 is "Update Firmware" which I tried using a disc I had created a couple of years back when I downloaded a FW update 1.75A which is the latest for this controller, circa 2007. No good though as when I tried test & copy if said source disc fail!

Barry Hunter April 8th, 2016 08:46 AM

Decided on replacing the unit! Tax deductible etc I had got in contact with Acard in California and he said that he could supply a new controller etc but then I found a company here in the UK who could supply me with a new unit already built with 7 Pioneer drives for £307.00 so that`s what I did. Just tested it using AONE discs & it worked perfectly!

So if anyone needs the old unit (which still works if you can find compatable discs) or to use as spares etc, just get in touch!

Tim Lewis April 10th, 2016 08:05 PM

Good idea Barry. A clean slate is what you needed.

The problem with an old duplicator is that when you try to fix one small error, all of a sudden you have seven more!