www.donorschoose.org at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old November 5th, 2016, 08:33 PM   #1
Austinite

www.donorschoose.org

This is so cool. I just discovered it.

Seems an affordable donation with a real impact...

Support a classroom. Build a future.
Teachers all over the U.S. need your help to bring their classroom dreams to life. Choose a project that inspires you and give any amount.

I looked for the closest need to me that involves photo or video.

https://www.donorschoose.org/project...-club/2172451/

In Need Cameras For Photography Club

My students need 2 digital cameras to use during our photography club after and during school events.
My Students

Our students come from a low socio-economic status and about 98 percent of our bilingual 4th grade students take the school bus to school. They all qualify for 100 percent free lunch and breakfast. Many of our students' parents do not have the necessary funding to purchase classroom supplies needed. Most of our English language learners are at risk to not graduate from high school. It can be very challenging for our English language learners because they are just transitioning to the English language.

My Project

The cameras are in need for our future photography club. Last year, I started the photography club and it was an extreme success but we did not had the correct equipment for scholars to learn how to shoot and become better photographers. This year it would definitely help if we could get these cameras in order for them to be able to understand photography terminology and how it functions. Many of our scholars love photography and love taking pictures. Therefore, I would like to help them make this a great experience where they will be able to understand the functions of a camera, zoom, aperture, depth of field, shutter speed etc. There are many scholars who have low self esteem and being in the photography club will help them boost that self esteem by being more social and becoming more confident in themselves.

Mr. Vences
Bluebonnet Elementary School
Bastrop, TX
Grades 3-5
Highest Poverty
Phil Goetz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media