3,000 cameras at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old September 12th, 2020, 02:36 AM   #1
Major Player

3,000 cameras

The BBC published this story of collection of over 3,000 cameras.
Thought it might be of interest to some. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53821146
Old September 12th, 2020, 09:14 AM   #2
Wrangler

Re: 3,000 cameras

My Dad (who was an engineer) collected old cameras, whenever he was on a business trip he would go to junk shops and buy things that were cheap, then fix them up later. Nothing like 3000, but he had a couple dozen. He passed away in 1998 and I still have a small trunk of these up in the attic. Some pretty cool stuff, I have a look every now and then but just don't share his passion for this. For him, it wasn't about "collecting", it was his love of finding a "bargain" and then the enjoyment he got from trying to fix it.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2020, 10:24 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: 3,000 cameras

Love the comment from his widow

"He really enjoyed talking to people about it when they came into the hall," says his widow Dorothy. "I had to come down and rescue them sometimes because he did not know when to stop"
Bryan Worsley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media