indie film list from the last 6 or so years? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old February 17th, 2006, 10:50 PM   #1
Slash Rules!

indie film list from the last 6 or so years?

I'm doing research of a sort for my next short, and it would really be great if I could find a concise list of the more popular independent films from the last 6 years, with a quick synopsis of each.

Now, I want to limit the scope somewhat, so I'm looking for American indies (so no foreign films), dramas, maybe with comedic touches. Talkin' 'bout the "Station Agent"s, "Lost in Translation"s, "13 Conversations about One Thing"s, "Pieces of April," "Garden State," etc. etc. . .those types of movies, from 2000-2006, maybe goin' back to 98 or 99.

I've seen the list of the 100 great independent films ever (too broad), and I've the seen the AFI lists for each year (too broad and yet too narrow). I've googled, can't really find anything.

Anyone got any leads?
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2006, 05:56 PM   #2
Trustee

I could be wrong but I think variety (if not them then it's the hollywood reporter) puts out a top grossing indie list at the end of the year every year, it would take some digging but that would probably cover everything you're looking for.

Last edited by Nick Hiltgen; February 18th, 2006 at 08:36 PM.
Nick Hiltgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2006, 06:39 PM   #3
Major Player

You might find info here (perhaps their Message Boards as well):

http://indie.imdb.com/index.indie
John McManimie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media