New soundtrack service for videographers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old July 10th, 2006, 08:56 AM   #1
Regular Crew

New soundtrack service for videographers

I just read this in the news this morning. Looks like a nice service to license music for our videos. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060710/...eo_soundtracks

http://www.pumpaudio.com/

I didn't know where to put this, so if it's in the wrong place please move it to the right forum please.
Paul Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 09:43 AM   #2
Regular Crew

could be cool, i wonder how much it cost to join, and what a typical price for a one time use is.

what other services are there for licenseing music
Old July 10th, 2006, 09:51 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I don't know about the how much to join part but the news clip said,
Prices will vary for the consumer-oriented MyPump Soundtrack service, with basic licensing for the one-time use of a song starting at 99 cents.
Paul Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2006, 09:55 AM   #4
Regular Crew

well, you have to wonder what sort of song you'll get for 99 cents and compaird to a 14 dollar song. There also might be some sort of teired system. I doubt if a 50 million dollar budget movie pays the saem as say a 25,000 dollar budget movie. Other wise 99 cent background movie might start showing up everywhere
Old July 10th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Goldman
well, you have to wonder what sort of song you'll get for 99 cents and compaird to a 14 dollar song. There also might be some sort of teired system. I doubt if a 50 million dollar budget movie pays the saem as say a 25,000 dollar budget movie. Other wise 99 cent background movie might start showing up everywhere
That is so true!
Paul Jason is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media