Once upon a time... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old August 29th, 2006, 08:54 PM   #1
Major Player

Once upon a time...

I worked for Universal Studios. I went to work there not long after Seagrams took over the studio (lil Edgar Bronfman Jr. needed a new toy). Edgar, being the genius that he is, commissioned Trey Parker and Matt Stone to make an internal film for studio employees to explain what changes would occur under the new management.

For those that don't know, these two guys are the talent behind Southpark and Team America. Needless to say, once Junior saw the film, it was quickly and quietly destroyed and never shown. Some of the participants are:

Steven Speilberg
James Cameron
Michael J. Fox
Sylvester Stallone
Demi Moore

And many others. All making fun of themselves - and Universal.

However...

A few intrepid individuals at the studio managed to do a capture of the film. It's shown up on the web a few times but Der Universal Lawerkinz always fire off a cease and desist order against web sites that have "hosted" it. Be that as it may, here it is - It's about 98 MEG and very crappy quality but it is a real hoot. So download it before I get my letter.

http://www.b-scenefilms.com/mpg/studio.avi

You will need DivX to play this.
Old August 30th, 2006, 03:53 AM   #2
Major Player

once apon a time...

Funny old world, I used to work for seagrams just after i left college to pay off some depts. I was there during the final sell off of the company to pernod ricard around 2002.

I remember being taken to a conference hall and hearing the story of how edgar jr is selling off the drinks side of the familly business and concentrating on running Universal. You can imagine i wasn't paying attention untill i heard universal being mentioned.

They should have kept that video it's funny as hell.

Andy.

Last edited by Andy Graham; August 30th, 2006 at 04:25 AM.
Andy Graham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media