What do Canada and Texas have in common? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old March 12th, 2003, 12:58 PM   #16
Major Player

Don't feel bad Frank.....

I actually had a US manufacturer wanting to know how we were going to pay for customs fees for a shipment they were sending us.......jeez, guess they missed that day of class in high school US History. To make it even worse, I told them to make sure they had updated passports when they come up to visit <;~)

To eliminate this nonsense, in the last few years we just give suppliers the address of our freight forwarder in Seattle, and the billing address of Anchorage....(yes, a US Postal stamps still works up here =)
Old March 12th, 2003, 07:06 PM   #17
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Dan,

Sounds like New Mexico, too. Someone who worked in a hotel in Santa Fe said that they get calls from people all over the States wanting to know..."do you accept U.S. currency?"..."do we need to bring our passports?"..."do you speak English?"

Cringe.
Old March 15th, 2003, 07:47 AM   #18
RED Code Chef

Not to sound stupid... but... what is GDP?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2003, 01:02 PM   #19
Warden

Gross Domestic Product

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2003, 08:27 PM   #20
Major Player

Gross Domestic Product. The total market value of all final goods and services produced in a country in a given year, equal to total consumer, investment and government spending, plus the value of exports, minus the value of imports.
Old April 26th, 2003, 04:57 AM   #21
Obstreperous Rex

John

<< Used to be a country...stretched from Mexico to Wyoming and included Santa Fe, Denver, lots of good ski country today...especially Jackson Hole. >>

Feh. You could say the exact same thing about Louisiana, so that ain't nothing special.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2003, 07:55 AM   #22
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Frank Granovski : Don't goat me now. Okay: that would be Scotland...where the men wear dresses and the sheep are nervous, or in NZ: where the men are dags and the sheep are nervous. I think in Canada and Texas, it's the mow mows that are nervous. -->>>

I think you'll find some Canadian regiments wear Kilts.
This side of the pond we eat sheep and Smoke Fags.
Peter Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2003, 09:28 AM   #23
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Frank Granovski : I don't know if it's in Canadian or US Dollars. One Canadian Dollar is roughly $0.68. Canada/Texas=$717-billion.
Russia = $259-billion -->>>

Hmm... interesting article in Barron's last week about Microsoft "Feeding too many mouths"

"In January of 2000, the total market value of Microsoft reached $700 billion and it became the largest holding in the entire Standard and Poor's 500 index....Microsoft's stock has since declined 58.5%... to $24.21 on March 31. That's a loss of more than $363 billion, an amount exceeding the gross national product of all but a few nations"

Too bad, looks like Bill won't be able to buy Canada anymore, but he should still be able to pick up Russia if he want's ;-)
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2003, 11:05 AM   #24
Warden

Bill makes on average $58 per second. There was a joke going around that if Bill Gates was walking down the street and saw a $100 bill on the ground and he bent over over to pick it up he would lose money (based on an average of 3 seconds to pick it up).

One of my favorite MS quotes:

Even as a longtime critic of the company, I must admit that Microsoft occasionally flirts with the truth. Well, perhaps "flirt" is too strong a word. Let's just say Microsoft sometimes honks and waves as it drives by her house. -- Nicholas Petreley, "Down to the Wire", _Infoworld_, 06/14/99

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media