Canon EOS 10D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old May 14th, 2003, 12:40 AM   #1
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Canon EOS 10D

Has anyone purchased and received one of these new models yet? If so, from where? They seem to be vaporware so far! Nobody that I checked has them.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2003, 08:48 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Shucks Ken, you can get these things at Wal-Mart now, no kidding!

Funny thing about the 10D, when it was introduced at P.M.A. they were promising a bountiful supply with no availability issues, but it seems now that the 10D is made of the same special alloy as the D60 last year: "unobtainium," and I'm hearing about waiting lists and demand exceeding supply... history repeating itself despite those initial assurances. After all, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2003, 11:37 AM   #3
Trustee

In the Orlando area, Circuit City, of all places, appears to have them in the showrooms. I was playing with one myself just the other day. It's bootiful.

Price tag was $1499.99 for the body.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2003, 12:27 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Yeah I'm surprised they're still having stock issues with this. I thought usually Canon didn't ship or announce something until they had production going on it already? From what I've heard people talk about, it's usually around a 2 week wait from places like B&H, Adorama and Ritz.

On a side note sort of, I'm surprised with the D100 too, since Nikon dropped the price on it, they've been pretty scarce as well.
Matt Betea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2003, 11:12 PM   #5
Trustee

I'd hold back at the moment Ken, I've been hearoing about a number of focus and metering issues with the camera. One the other hand, I've heard a lot of good stuff about the new 17-40/f4 that was released alongside the 10D. Also, there is a rumor that a EOS 3D is coming in September, a very strong rumor.
Adrian Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2003, 11:22 PM   #6
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Thank you for the tip, Adrian. Based on available supply, it looks like I'll probably have to hold-off anyway <g>. My need is certainly not urgent. I'm pretty happy with my Elph and with my Olympus 2600. But I would like to get a really good digital camera with interchangeable lenses. I always used Canon 35mm cams (years ago), so I naturally prefer to stay with Canon for such a successor.

Jeez, hard to believe Canon might actually introduce yet another prosumer camera into the fray! And we think that lines of dv cameras can be confusing!

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2003, 05:16 AM   #7
Major Player

$1.5k is less that whay I paid for my D30 only 18 months ago. I was eyeing up the 10D, but following Adrian's advice I think I'll hold off for now.

I don't need a new digi body...although that's not really the point! ;-)
Nigel Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media