BBC iPlayer to launch on 27 July at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media
Let's talk about anything media related.

Old June 27th, 2007, 09:20 AM   #1
Trustee

BBC iPlayer to launch on 27 July

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/software/0,3...9291301,00.htm

I can’t wait until this service goes live. BBC America is a joke if you ask me. Yes I’ve seen a lot of good programs on BBC America but its too watered-down compared to what you get in the UK. Because of that, this service will be extremely popular and I hope it causes the people who are incharge of the American version to add better programs and the least they should do is add all of BBC's documentaries.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 09:45 AM   #2
Wrangler

Unfortunately,
Quote:
There will also be GeoIP restrictions to make sure no one outside the UK can see the video.
Old June 27th, 2007, 09:57 AM   #3
Trustee

I can’t believe I missed that.

Well BBC was scheduled to release a lot of their programs on Google’s Video service so I’m hoping it’s still going to happen.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #4
Wrangler

Yes it is too bad. On Demand BBC/UK would be brilliant. I don't watch much TV, but I do seek out certain BBC shows here in the U.S. There is something appealing in their content that the better funded U.S. counterparts seem to be missing.

BBC/USA has always been a puzzle to me, they seem to be confused about which market they would like to serve.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The TOTEM Poll: Totally Off Topic, Everything Media