Bogen 3001N Tripod and 501 Fluid Head at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 6th, 2003, 01:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Bogen 3001N Tripod and 501 Fluid Head

How well will this work with my Xl-1 and is this a good price?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh6.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist_html___222250___BO3001N3433___REG___CatID=0___SID =F5D997A9030
Adam Ginsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2003, 08:27 AM   #2
Wrangler

Well I have the 3221 legs, which I find somewhat light. The 501 is OK, but I am using the 503 which is better.

One thing I would add is a half ball leveler which you will greatly appreciate especially if you do not have one for a year like I did. They run about $75-$85 dollars and are well worth the price.

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2003, 10:42 AM   #3
Wrangler

I looked at that link. This isn't the same as the 3221 legs, they give the model number of 301 which look lighter and the snaps look different. Also it says it has a chrome finish and my 3221 is black. This is what I've got. I'd go with at least this heavy a tripod. It also includes a nice soft carrying case.

I'm pretty happy with mine, although I use it with a VX-2000 and PDX-10, both of which are significantly lighter than an XL-1. You might want to invest in heavier legs and a better head. Also, even though the 3221 legs are sturdy the snap locks are really NASTY. Even though I know to be careful I still frequently injure myself, either by pinching when opening them or bruising when they slam shut. This has been discussed frequently around here and on other boards.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads