Sticks Advice? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 6th, 2003, 12:33 AM   #1
Wrangler

Sticks Advice?

In my quest for the perfect travel tripod for my VX2000, I think I've
decided on a Bogen/Manfrotto 700RC@ mini fluid head and Manfrott0 3444D 4-section carbon tripod. Total weight of the two is 4.6 pounds, and it will support 5.5 pounds. The sticks are $364 and the head is $70 at B&H.

I'm looking for something very light, that sets up fast, and will provide a stable base for my occassional shot which requires it. Does this sound like a good setup?
Paul Tauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2003, 12:57 AM   #2
Outer Circle

Is there any way you can go look at some tripods before you actually buy one? What's good for you and your cam may not be the best choice for someone else with the same cam.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2003, 01:02 AM   #3
Wrangler

I'm going to be in New York in a couple of weeks and can probably stop into B&H while I'm there. The problem is, I want to buy the tripod mail order and save the 8-1/2%, and I'm leaving for a trip just a couple of weeks after that -- it's cutting it just a little too close.
Paul Tauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2003, 01:54 AM   #4
Outer Circle

Surely there must be cam shops that carry Manfrotto tripods where you live.

I just bought the Manfrotto 055pro (black legs) and 128RC head. I find this setup good for my small cams: easy to carry around yet sturdy enough to do the job. However, this "fluid-action" head may be a tad flimsy for the VX2000. I got rid of my heavier legs/head because I wanted to be more portable. (It weighs around 5 pounds or just under---I forgot).

http://www.manfrotto.com
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads