vinten vision 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 9th, 2004, 02:36 AM   #1
Tourist

vinten vision 5

Hello all,

I can buy a vinten vision 5 for like 200 $ . But I only have a vx2100. I know it is not the right weight. But I will probably buy another bigger camera in a few years. Should I buy this vinten? Will it do a decent job with my vx2100?

Please let me know,
thanks
Tim De Ridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2004, 05:46 AM   #2
Warden

Vintens make arguabley the best tripods. I've owned and used Sachtlers, Vintens, O'Connors, Bogen etc. and much prefer the Vinten sticks. It's a great investment.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2004, 12:53 PM   #3
Tourist

I bougth the vinten vision 5 , but there was no manual with it ( it is a used one) Does anyone can help me out on how it actually works.... I already get some great results out of it, but I want the counterbalance to work perfect....thanks
Old April 13th, 2004, 01:48 PM   #4
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Tim,
I have a Vision 3 and am familiar with the Vision 6 and 8. But I'm not familiar with the 5...are you sure you a citing the correct model?

If you register at Vinten's site you can download maintenance/operation manuals for Vinten products.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2004, 03:52 PM   #5
Tourist

yes, it's the right model, it's an older model, they don't make them anymore...that is why

But I cannot register it anymore on their website, since the version is not ont here anymore. I've sent them an email asking for some sort of manual, but they don't seem to reply?
Old April 23rd, 2004, 08:21 PM   #6
Rextilleon

Does it have the removable spring system????
David Mintzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2004, 02:27 AM   #7
Tourist

No. It doesn't
Tim De Ridder is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads