Mid Level or Ground Level Spreader? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 27th, 2004, 07:34 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Mid Level or Ground Level Spreader?

Ok my Bogen tripod is taking forever to get here so I might cancel the order and get a Miller DS10 831 kit. I'm just wondering what would be better to get, a mid level or ground spreader and why? The 831 kit is a mid level spreader and I figured it would be easier to use on the ground if its not completely flat. Other than that, is there any advantages to either? Anyone care to share?
Paul Chun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2004, 11:00 AM   #2
Major Player

not so much cleaning with mid level spreader.
Ed Liew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2004, 11:11 AM   #3
Air China Pilot

Mid level. That way you can position your tripod over uneven surfaces. For example, if there was a big rock in the way you could position your tripod over it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads