Anyone using the Bogen 503 or 505 head? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 29th, 2004, 07:31 PM   #16
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Robert J. Wolff : TP: Tripod.
Mike,

I will give you a very small disagreement on the pan handles. In the past I would agree with you. But, since I purchased an EZ rock controler this past spring, I find that rotating the left pan handle next to and forward of the eye piece, I can view the scene, and, at the same time, the EZ controls. Makes for less fumbling, especially with gloves on. And I do like all of my controls where I can see them. -->>>

Are you are doing this with a studio camera with a studio viewfinder? Or do you mean with a LOB camera?
Old August 29th, 2004, 09:01 PM   #17
Major Player

Bruce... 17 lbs? That thing must be solid as a rock!

I thought it was 13.9 lbs. because B&H lists the total weight of the 532art plus 505 head as only 13.9 lbs.

B&H specs listing for 532art and 505 head combo.

When I bought my tripod system I noticed that the weight wasn't listed the same everywhere I looked.

Manfrotto claims your tripod system is a total of 14.8 lbs.

532 ART legs listed as 9.7 lbs.

505 head listed as 5.1 lbs.

For a total of 14.8 lbs.

17 lbs. Wow... well the good news is you'll be built like a BSH in no time!

After only a few occasions where I had to lug around my relatively light (11 lbs... hah!) tripod... I'm gonna' get that cheap little 6.7 lbs. pod as a lightweight alternative for non-critical use in remote locations.
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2004, 03:49 AM   #18
Major Player

Mike,

In the past with a studio/field configuration: view finder to the rear. These days, with the EZ, I am using the XL-1s in its normal "one eye" configuration.

Sorry. I should have been more specific.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads