Giant Tripod at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 7th, 2004, 12:47 PM   #1
Major Player

Giant Tripod

I was at a fashion show and the Videographer had a giant tripod (approx. 8'). does anybody know the model / make of such a tripod, where to pic one up & how much they are?
G. Lee Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2004, 04:36 PM   #2
Inner Circle

The Bogen 3046/3246 will do just about 8 ft with the extension legs fully opened. Many tripods tripods today witll get there or fairly close.

Don B
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 09:34 PM   #3
Tourist

The Bogen 3058 gets to eight feet, and down real low, real heavy, real versatile. I've used it annually for the County Fair's destruction derby while I stand on two or three 55 gallon drums. It's also great in that when people catch their foot on it, it doesn't want to move let alone fall over.

Ive had mine for a good 5 years, and have set it up for around 200 events (goverment meetings, parades, fairs, frog Jumps, concerts, on location local news shows, and even in the back seat of a Limo to tape a drive through the County), it has never failed in any way, and still looks pretty much mint.
Brian Lenahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #4
Tourist

Giant Tripod

Oop's, didn't intend to send another post here, my apologie's.

Last edited by Brian Lenahan; February 6th, 2006 at 09:42 PM. Reason: delete
Brian Lenahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:26 PM   #5
Major Player

I have a QuickSet HI-BOY which gets very high. Good tripod for getting over the crowd.

Tery

sort of from "The Princess Bride"

www.indicam.com
Terry Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads