Sachtler Artemis DV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 5th, 2005, 08:14 AM   #1
Major Player

Sachtler Artemis DV

Anyone use one?
They seem very well made and although expensive could be just what I am looking for.

If anyone here uses one can they posts their thoughts on it.

http://www.sachtler.com/prod.asp?lid=2&pid=15002
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:45 AM   #2
Major Player

Steve, I recommend getting a Glidecam 2000 or 4000 depending on your weight range from CreativeVideo. It’s a much better design for more flexible and creative shooting, as you have a 3-axis gimbal which allows greater range of movement. Plus I bet is going to be much cheaper than the Sachtler one and still of a very high build quality.
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:58 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the advice Richard. i have looked at the glidecam and they look well made. Just been offered a barely used Sachler at a very good price and thought I would find out how good they are first.
Steve Shovlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2005, 05:50 AM   #4
Major Player

Don't forget the REAL one.. the Steadicam JR!

Can't speak for build quaility of the Artemis, but Sachtler is one of the top builders of Tripods an Studio Pedestals. - So I doub't there's anythign terribly wrong with it.

The desgin of the Glidecam (unlike the Artemis and Steadicam JR) has the Center of Graivity (in the gimble) of the system infront of your hand which is much more tiring that the "Arced" design where the CG is over your hand.

The Steadicam JR also has a Monitor if you want!

- Mikko

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads