change head on Bogen 3040? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old April 21st, 2005, 06:55 PM   #1
New Boot

change head on Bogen 3040?

Hi
I inherited bogen tripod 3040 with a fluid head and another head on a long arm. I want to change the fluid head that's already mounted to this one and can't figure out how.

Does anyone know?
Celia Cotelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:57 AM   #2
Manfrotto Product Manager

Hopefully you've been able to figure out how to remove your head in the past week, but if not, can you post the model number of the head you have mounted on the tripod. I also don't recognize the tripod model number.

In most cases you will need to unscrew the three set-screws that fix the head to the tripod. These three screws are located underneath the column plate. Raise the column and look under the round plate where your head is attached. Unscrew these and turn (counter-clockwise) your head and it should come off the tripod. This all depends on the head and tripod type being what we term 'flat-based'.

Post the model numbers I mention above and I'll try to guide you through if you're still in need of help.

Marc Schotland
Manfrotto
Marc Schotland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads