Baby Tripod, which one? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old November 26th, 2009, 01:38 PM   #16
Inner Circle

FWIW, my 350 MVB full-height tripod has rubber feet with points that you can engage/disengage. I assume that the short version has the same feature.

Compared to some that I've rented, I like the feature. There's nothing to screw on/off, and nothing to get lost. Both the rubber feet and points are always attached.

I rented a Cartoni with removable feet once, and when walking back from the location to the car I got a sense that something was wrong, turned around and found one of the feet about twenty feet behind me. I was lucky not to have to buy the rental company a tripod foot.
Old November 26th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #17
Trustee

I have a Cartoni tripod and a Cartoni dolly. It's necessary to take off the rubber feet to put the tripod on the dolly,and it'sa hassle to deal with the feet sometimes.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #18
Major Player

A couple of days ago I had a chance to look at the Manfrotto Hi Hat and the Manfrotto 350 Short Video Pro Tripod. I was almost tempted to buy the tripod, it seemed good and solid, and just about the size I was looking for. But with both pieces of equipment, it struck me how stiff the controls were. Both for spreading the legs, and extending them in the case of the tripod.

I use Manfrotto tripods for stills, but none have been this stiff. I know they come with an allen key to make adjustments, but usually that is to tighten things when they get loose. But here I think I would have to slacken some nuts just to be able to use them.

Has anyone got any experience of this?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads