Cartoni Focus Compatible Quick Release at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 5th, 2010, 09:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Cartoni Focus Compatible Quick Release

I have a Cartoni Focus tripod, as well as shoulder mount for my XH-A1s. Right now the shoulder mount just has a simple screw for the camera, but that takes way too long to attach. Could anyone help me to find a quick release adapter that I can mount to this shoulder mount that will take the Cartoni Focus plates?
Thanks for any help,
Brandon Katcher
Brandon Katcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I have the same camera and sticks. I looked into the same thing and couldn't find anything that would work. The joy of living in a world full of proprietary design. I thought about getting another Manfrotto mounting plate and affixing it atop the Focus but thought very quickly that it would be an unworkable kluge. So I'm stuck in the same place you are.

I looked about 18 months ago so things might have changed.
Richard Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi guys...........

Here:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/tripod-s...-solution.html

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I thought of something like that as I have a similar Manfrotto plate on my glidecam but I thought it would make for too much stuff atop the head of my sticks. I could be wrong though... It has happened before.
Richard Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 07:31 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Katcher View Post
Could anyone help me to find a quick release adapter that I can mount to this shoulder mount that will take the Cartoni Focus plates?
I can't tell if this uses the Focus plates or not. On page 32 of the 2009 catalogue:

http://www.cartoni.com/eng/Cartoni2009.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Cartoni Focus Compatible Quick Release-screen-shot-2010-11-18-8.29.39-am.png  

Last edited by Les Wilson; November 18th, 2010 at 02:30 PM.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Er, Les.............

Wrong link.

CS
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:30 PM   #7
Inner Circle

edited my entry. sorry.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:58 PM   #8
Inner Circle

As far as I can tell...........

The shoulder support A901 appears to have a A 859 eng camera plate, but it could be a number of others depending on how they are configured.

Not entirely sure that's moved the discussion forward.

CS
Old November 18th, 2010, 04:00 PM   #9
Inner Circle

I went down the Focus plate search, bail, then Manfrotto route. Only after going another route altogether did I run across the potential Cartoni product but didn't dig further.

I don't know if you've used the Manfrotto but I did and didn't care for it. In addition to being heavy, the release pin is on the right hand side which is slow, inconvenient and a bit of a pain. For the same elevation of the COG maybe a little less weight, I went the TA-100 route and am glad I did. The TA-100 does however require some engineering to mount the Canon XL specific camera plate to a non-Canon XL camera bottom. Westside A V sells modified TA-100's that go with their EX1 / EX3 plates. I put one Focus QR plate on a TA-100, another on my prompter and a second TA-100 on the camera mount of the prompter. A third TA-100 is on the shoulder rig.

YMMV.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads