Sachtler FSB 8 and HPX 300 quick release plate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 3rd, 2010, 11:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sachtler FSB 8 and HPX 300 quick release plate

I just bought a Sachtler FSB 8 head. It has a Touch and Go quick locking system plate that is supposed to attach to the camera. (I know there is a simple way to connect to my camera but it doesn't seem like it will) I have a HXP 300 that has a quick release plate attached. I don't see how the FSB 8 will connect to the camera or the quick release plate. Am I missing an item or do I need to buy something else?

Thanks!
Art
Art White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2010, 12:13 PM   #2
Major Player

The Sachtler FSB8T touch & go plate has both a 1/4 20 and 3/8 16 screw....they should go right into the bottom of the Panasonic QR plate. The plate should have alternating 1/4 20 and 3/8 16 holes and you just line them up and screw them in.....

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com
Jim Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2010, 11:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Jim,

I see that now. I was a bit nervous because the screws are so small. Didn't look like much to hold the QR plate and camera. But now I have it tightened, it seems pretty sturdy.
Thanks,
Art
Art White is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads