Libec TH-M20 and Bogen 501 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 5th, 2010, 09:55 AM   #1
Major Player

Libec TH-M20 and Bogen 501

Can anyone tell me if the Bogen 501 head will work with my Libec TH-M20 tripod? It has a 65mm ball. I can't find any information on the thread size.
Old October 9th, 2010, 06:36 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Isn't the Manfrotto 75mm? (I don't remember exactly off the top of my head.) If it is there's really no way to make that work. I used to have that same Libec model and quickly looked into options before replacing it. I didn't find any.
Richard Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 02:29 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Libec TH-M20 and Bogen 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Wilcox View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Bogen 501 head will work with my Libec TH-M20 tripod? It has a 65mm ball. I can't find any information on the thread size.
I have done it -- its a brilliant package -- MUCH better than anything from either Manfrotto or Libec separately.

You do it by removing the bottom 65mm ball from the old Libec head and mating it to the 501.

You simply need to rethread the Libec parts to 3/8"/16 (using a $9 "tool and die" tap from your local hardware store) -- then they can be mated to the bottom of the 501.

Last edited by Barry Richard; July 17th, 2011 at 10:31 AM.
Barry Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2014, 02:15 PM   #4
Major Player

Re: Libec TH-M20 and Bogen 501

Sorry to dig up such an old thread--- but I found newly manufactured 65mm flat bowls on eBay that will fit the TH-M20 legs or any bowl tripod with the uncommon 65mm bowl size.

Pretty slick, now I have a choice of mounting better fluid heads in the future on the Libec.
Attached Thumbnails
Libec TH-M20 and Bogen 501-photorotate.jpg  
John C. Chu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads