Davis and Sanford V12 - How to remove head at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 12th, 2011, 07:08 AM   #1
Major Player

Davis and Sanford V12 - How to remove head

I bought a couple Davis and Sanford V12 Tripods with fluid-heads to film weddings with my DSLRs and love them so far. Only problem is that I cannot figure out how to remove the heads. I'd like to attach one of the heads to my glidetrack. I tried locking the pan knob down fully and turning (both ways, just to be sure), but no luck.The 3 paragraph manual is no help and I can't hardly find anything about it online. Anybody have any experience with these?
Old March 14th, 2011, 12:28 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Davis and Sanford V12 - How to remove head

Hi, Michael.............

I'm sure this came up a while ago, you're best bet is to use the Google bar at the bottom of the page to do a search on DVinfo.

I have a horrible feeling their cheap heads are actually glued/ welded to the tripods and thus not removeable without breaking one or the other, but I could be wrong.

You'de probably be better off buying an el cheapo Manfrotto head that fits the glidetrack than destroying the tripod systems you have.

CS

Last edited by Chris Soucy; March 14th, 2011 at 01:44 AM.
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2011, 05:59 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Davis and Sanford V12 - How to remove head

Thanks for the response. I think you are probably right about it being welded on. It's a nice tripod for the price (I use these two as my B and C tripods), but that's a major setback. I also use a Manfrotto 501hdv on 190xprob legs, but (and I may be overlooking an easier way) you've got to unscrew 3 tiny screws every time you want to switch it out. Since it's my primary tripod and I'm a one-man crew, run and gunning doesn't really allow for this. I like your idea of a cheap manfrotto head. SInce they are just DSLRs, it wouldn't have to hold very much weight either. Otherwise I've got this great glidetrack sitting in my trunk just waiting to be used...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads