Sliding plate for 502HD & 701HDV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 6th, 2012, 08:06 AM   #1
Trustee

Sliding plate for 502HD & 701HDV

Hi all,

Can anybody confirm that the Manfrotto 701HDV and 502HD heads will accept the same sliding plates?

I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new tripod and monopod combo for DSLR shooting. I'lm planning on purchasing a few extra plates as well so I have one for each camera or telelphoto lens, and it wasn't until I went looking for the correct sliding plate that it even occured to me that these heads might accept different ones. After no definitive answers could be found on the B & H product pages, I did a quick google and came up stumps.

So is anybody able to confirm whether or not they will work with interchangeable plates?
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Sliding plate for 502HD & 701HDV

Manfrotto's website shows they are different sizes.

The 502HD uses the 504PLong plate: 10.7mm (H) x 50mm (W) x 140mm (L)
The 701HDV uses the 501PL plate: 11mm (H) x 38mm (W) x 86mm (L)
Phil Murray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads