Manfrotto 501/503 replacement. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 17th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #1
Major Player

Manfrotto 501/503 replacement.

We have been using the Manfrotto 501/503's for a few years now and some of them need replacing. I ordered one of the new 502HD's and it seems with the new models, they have switched the tilt/lock from the left side, to the right. I hate to have to switch to another brand, but I can't find any of their newer stuff that doesn't have this. Any ideas? Any other brand suggestions?

Thanks,

Chad
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:19 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Manfrotto 501/503 replacement.

I picked up a 504 right after it came out and the tilt lock is on the left side. The 501, 501hdv and 503 are all in the same place. I didn't even know they came out with the 502 but just looked at it and frankly I don't think they moved it. In the picture it looks like the tilt lock is a part of the knob on the left side. I could be wrong but it looks a lot like the locking system they used on the 501, 501hdv and 503.
Maybe I'm wrong but it sure looks like that's what they did.
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:43 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: Manfrotto 501/503 replacement.

The left side adjusts the tension and the right side locks it down. It is much better balanced than some of the others. We will probably just end up dealing with it since there are no other options right now.

-Chad
Chad Dyle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads