Sachtler Speed Lock 75 Leg Hooks? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 24th, 2013, 01:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sachtler Speed Lock 75 Leg Hooks?

When I need to stay mobile I like carrying my tripod by itself with a strap. When my Sachtler Speed Locks were new this worked well, but with a couple years of medium to heavy usage, the legs are looser and like to spread out when slung over a shoulder. Does anyone know of a clip or "leg hook" that fits this tripod? The attached pic is of a part meant for Manfrottos 545s--something like this would work if I could find it in the right size.
Attached Thumbnails
Sachtler Speed Lock 75 Leg Hooks?-leg-hook.jpg  
Vince Manganello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sachtler Speed Lock 75 Leg Hooks?

Hi, Vince...........

You're obviously missing a vital component for those 75 CF's.

They should have been delivered with a double ended Velcro strap, one end of which fits around one of the lock lever rods (the ones linking the top and bottom lock mechanisms), thus tethering the strap to a leg, the rest of the strap then being wound around the base of all three legs and clipping to itself.

This prevents the legs from splaying during transport.

The easiest way to source this missing component is to fire a mail to:

Barbara.Jaumann@VitecGroup.com

giving the sticks serial number (on a label on the top inside face of one of the legs, right on the leg hinge pin line - you'll probably need to remove the head to get a good squizz at it) and your contact details, and request said part.

That said, she's pretty on the ball and may well read this before hand, so don't be surprised if she chimes up here on DVinfo.

I think I can pretty well guarantee that the Manfrotto part you mentioned wouldn't fit the Sachtler tubes, as the 75 CF's outer legs are slightly less than 16 mm, most of the Manfrottos are up around 18 mm from memory.

Regards,

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #3
Regular Crew

That sounds like what I'm looking for--thanks Chris! I just emailed Barbara.

I did buy the sticks new, but I'll bet I threw out the velcro strap by accident along with the packaging. I've seen the retractible cord with a hook type (on vintens) and the leg to leg hook type (like the pic I posted) but not a velcro solution. Hopefully it works for me.
Vince Manganello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I could use one too as mine was incinerated (long story :) )
Zoran Vincic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #5
Regular Crew

The part number for the strap is SST10E0731. I was told to email fieldsupport@vitecgroup.com with a request for the part. Hopefully I hear back soon.
Vince Manganello is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads