Sachtler & Vinten - Free Home Trials! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old December 20th, 2014, 01:07 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: Sachtler & Vinten - Free Home Trials!

Chris.

Slightly off-topic. I got the broken Vinten Vision 22 going again for a pro-bono carols last weekend. Whilst I prefer my old black unbalanced Miller for following aircraft in flight, using this thing was like pure silk for event work where the moves are fine framing trims, you don't want the thing to drift after the trim but you want to move quickly if need be. I had not used one previously so it all came as a new experience.

The second fixed camera was on a Vision 10.

I have yet to contact the persons you linked me to for parts. I could make some of the broken bits but identifying, then getting hold of the old standard of thread taps and fasteners is a bit of a challenge.

Here's to a Merry Christmas for you all.

Please cut the roving camera operators a bit of slack for the shaky cam. They were Year 10 students from the media unit at the College. We all had to stay away from the performance and audience areas therefore they had to zoom in to get close.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 03:47 PM   #17
Photographer

Thanks Chris! I have been wrestling with my Gitzo carbon fiber tripod and a Really Right Stuff Fluid head (very nice, but probably not what I needed) since I bough my FS/7 six months ago. "Wrestling" because there has to be a more shooter friendly combination, or I am just a klutz.

I emailed Barbara a few minutes ago and am bracing for my personal case of the syndrome of which you spoke. I'm a firm believer in the "buy the best and only cry once" course of action. We'll see what Barbara comes up with.

Thank you again of your insight!
Old September 8th, 2015, 08:26 PM   #18
Photographer

My Sachtler demo sticks and head arrived the other day, thank you again Chris! I'm going to put it to work for four long days, but I can already tell that it's perfect for me and it makes all the difference in the world in the end product. I'll place an order for my new one toward the end of my demo. What a wonderful program! I have several expensive pieces of video gear that, if the companies had a demo program, I would not have ended up with. Not because they aren't quality pieces, just not a good fit for my workflow.

Thanks again Chris!
Old September 10th, 2015, 11:36 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Hi James..............

Glad to hear things are working out there for you.

Just to put a bit of oomph into this, would you mind telling us what you're parking on your new rig, weight and COG wise, and what, exactly Barbara sent you for the tester?

Any changes between the tester and your ordered rig?

Just been re-reading back through the thread. Man, I never thought it would have these sort of legs under it.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2016, 10:06 AM   #20
New Boot

Hi,

This is my first post on this site. I am the owner of IJES Camera Support Systems here in Ontario and while contracted to Vitec to repair support equipment I was not aware of this incredible offer.

Thanks for posting this Chris, while we do not offer sales of equipment, (just repairs,) we often have clients who would benefit from a trial and I will be happy to pass on the information.

I hope to see you both again at the NAB show Steven and Andrew.

Ian.
Ian Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads