Miller Compass 12 Fluid Head - for C100 Mk II? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old November 25th, 2016, 01:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Miller Compass 12 Fluid Head - for C100 Mk II?

I'm thinking of getting the Miller Solo DV 2-Stage Carbon Fibre Tripod with Compass 12 Fluid Head for use with a Canon C100 MK II. I'm mostly concerned that the load capacity of the head won't be LOW enough to achieve good counterbalance when I have the minimal amount of kit. Depending on which spec you read on the Miller website and elsewhere, the load capacity low end is given as either 1.5kg or 2.6 kg.

Other than a BP-975 battery, a lens (often the Canon 17-55 2.8) and maybe a short shotgun on the handle, that's my main rig. Hence a minimum load may just scrape about 2kg according to my estimation. I will, however, want to use my Shark S1 slider occasionally and may add other bits of kit later, invest in heavier lenses etc - hence why I'm not going for something like the Miller Air.

Thank you.
Terence Morris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads