Inside the Vitec Factory at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 4th, 2017, 12:39 AM   #1
Major Player

Inside the Vitec Factory

Interesting article on the Costa Rica facility. Lots of pictures showing the assembly of the 634 parts that make up an OConnor 2575 head (serial number C1234-K1500667).

https://www.fdtimes.com/wp-content/u...ec-Factory.pdf

Mark
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2017, 12:03 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Inside the Vitec Factory

Thanks Mark,

Most intriguing. I was very interested to see how the pan drag was produced and adjusted as I have more than idle curiosity in the design of these devices. I was also impressed with the amount of time devoted to testing and logging the performance of their finished product. It must be interesting as well as useful to revisit this data if the head ever comes in for repair or service.
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2017, 04:10 AM   #3
Major Player

Re: Inside the Vitec Factory

Alastair,

The method of setting the drag surprised me too. I imagined it was done by forcing fluid through a variable-sized orifice. A fluid restrictor. I've been very happy with my Sachtler FSB6, which I've had for several years and also an FSB4, which I've had for a year or so. But there seems to be a huge difference in the guts of the Sachtlers and the OConnors. All made in that same factory.

Mark
Mark Watson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads