Preview Monitor vs EVF at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old January 3rd, 2018, 10:05 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Preview Monitor vs EVF

So, I've been shooting with a Nikon D750, Manfrotto 561B monopod and a Small HD dp4 inch monitor which has focus assist. Then I ran across a crew shooting with a Steadipod, Canon, and EVF. I contacted the EVF company and they are out of business, but I know there are other's EVF companies out there. Here's a shot of the rig I saw. (see picture)

This is attractive for several reasons, not that I would let go of my rig like this but, it's a different approach since the stick has stable feet and the EVF would be a change for me lacking the focus assist of course.

Anyone use an EVF like this? My biggest complaint with my setup is the monitor gets blown out in the sun and the stupid mounts I've tried come lose because of the weight of a little 4 inch monitor.

Just trying to brainstorm and see if anything I should change. Any input would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Preview Monitor vs EVF-171021-taylor-robinson-82.jpg  
Old January 3rd, 2018, 03:24 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Preview Monitor vs EVF

This would stop your DP4 from coming loose if you stayed with that setup.
https://www.manfrotto.co.uk/micro-ba...hot-shoe-mount
Rock solid.
Can be found cheaper than this as well.
Patrick Baldwin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads