Vinten Vision 10LF at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old August 16th, 2018, 12:32 PM   #1
New Boot

Vinten Vision 10LF

I downloaded the Vision 10 LF maintenance manual and tried to follow how to dismantle a broken 10LF for parts and I'm at a lost.

http://www.vinten.com/en/system/file...ads/3390_9.pdf

At the moment I cant seem to remove the spherical base from the base. Took all 6 screws off but the spherical base remains stuck as if it is still screwed in. Manual says "gently ease the base away" but I can tell you it does'nt. I tried to do the same with another 10LF and it is exactly the same, you cant prise it away even with great force. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Simon Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2018, 11:33 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Vinten Vision 10LF

Hi Simon.

I have not worked on one of these heads but I thank you for the reference to the manual. As mentioned elsewhere I have an interest in head construction.

On figure 6.5 item 21 is listed as a bowl clamp stud. It appears to pass through the threaded spherical base. I would be investigating its top end and screw 26.
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2018, 01:20 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Alistair,

I notice that but there is no way to unscrew if it is screwed in that way. There is no nuts to unscrew just a thread protrude out of the bowl. I will check again at the manual.

Maybe Peter Harman will know?
Also does Vinten still support the Vision 10LF. I heard they only release manuals for head they still support?
Old August 17th, 2018, 06:52 AM   #4
New Boot

Here is the diagram wing the breakdown of the pan/bowl assembly
Attached Thumbnails
Vinten Vision 10LF-vision-10lf.jpg  
Old August 18th, 2018, 06:26 AM   #5
Major Player

Hi Simon,

The manual you refer to is quite detailed. In my experience a good manual is a sign of a good product. It mentions quite a list of materials, assorted Loctites in particular. If you do not have access to these and if expense is important I would suggest pricing all these materials before you start. They also mention special tools for aligning and assembling various components. Loctite does what the name suggests so you will need well made and close fitting tools and possibly heat (80 deg C is mentioned) to undo some of the components.

Regarding your specific question there a lot of steps required before you get to screw 26. See pages 27 & 28 for details.
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads