Libec LS-55 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old May 19th, 2006, 10:41 AM   #1
Major Player

Libec LS-55

I just purchased a new Libec LS-55 tripod from Texas Tapeworks. This is my second Libec purchase, the prior one was made when they were being distrubuted by Matthews several years ago.

I ordered the LS-55 (holds up to 22lbs.) and Texas Tapeworks gave me the option of the ground spreader or the mid spreader for the same price, $740.

I went with the mid spreader. 3 days later a package was drop shipped from Libec in Arizona. I opened it up and inside was the tripod and head with the ground spreader. I checked the packing slip and it called for the mid level model. Someone in their shipping department mixed up the order.

I sent an email to my rep Jason Price at Texas Tapeworks and then sent one to Pete Denzel the VP of Sales at Libec. This was in the evening after their business hours.

The next morning I had emails from both Jason and Pete. Jason had called Pete and Pete sent me an email with the tracking number of the package with the mid level spreader. The overnighted it to me and told me to keep the ground spreader to make up for all the trouble.

Now that is customer service!!!! Both Jason and Pete stepped up and did what was right.

So if you are looking for a new tripod, check out Libec (great tripod by the way) and purchase from Texas Tapeworks. I know that they are a sponser on this website.

Dan Weber
Daniel Weber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads