Two part Bogen question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 16th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #1
Capt. Quirk

Two part Bogen question

I recently got some heavier legs, Bogen 3046, and it came with a 3026 ball head. The legs are pretty sweet. The head... not so sweet. The quick release setup is bad, and there is no pan bar. So...

How do I remove the head, and what fluid heads will work with these legs? I'll be using this with a HD100.
Old June 17th, 2006, 05:28 AM   #2
Major Player

The head is simply screwed on to the tripod.

I dont know the 3026 head but it is not for video but for photography

if the head rotates on the bottom it should have a locking screw and then you should be able to unscrew it.

if you have trouble unscrewing it you can cool the whole thing and it generally helps to get it off.

then a Bogen 503 head will be a good entry level fluid head
Old June 17th, 2006, 08:14 AM   #3
Capt. Quirk

Michael, thanks for the how-to. I would just hate to remove the wrong screws, and have a mess on my hands.

As far as what heads, I know the 503 is a good head, and the 505 is more what I want. However, I was wanting to know what kind of head, as opposed to what model. For example, if I should find a Davis Sanford head cheap, will it fit these legs? What is the mounting type called?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads