Mating Manfrotto 542ART to Sachtler DV-6SB head at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old July 14th, 2006, 09:43 PM   #1
New Boot

Mating Manfrotto 542ART to Sachtler DV-6SB head

I just got a Sachtler DV-6SB head hoping to attach it to my Manfrotto 542art sticks.

The head has a 75mm mount, and the legs, although natively with 100mm bowl, come with an 75mm adapter in which the 75mm Manfrotto 503 head has been sitting comfortably until now.

According to the specs, the head should mate to the tripod no problem. Not the case! The screw on the bottom of the head is too short and the ball base won't even touch it. The bottom of the head seems bigger than that of 503, and the screw - shorter.

Has anyone tried to use the combination? I guess I need a special adapter, or maybe just a longer screw to attach to the bottom of the head. B&H sells this:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

but I am not sure if it'll work. Does anyone have any experience with the adapter?

Thanks in advance!
Vladimir

Last edited by Vladimir Gitlevich; July 14th, 2006 at 11:04 PM.
Vladimir Gitlevich is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads