Libec ph-3 pan handle at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 10th, 2007, 10:17 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Libec ph-3 pan handle

What material is the part which the user moves the head from on the ph-3 pan handle made of ? How does it feel ?

From the pictures I have seen it doesn't look like its comfortable when compared with the pan handle of the 503.

The pan handle in question is supplied with the Ls-38.
Adrian Paul Spiteri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #2
Major Player

The end of the PH-3 feels just as comfortable as that from the Manfrotto 503, wich is the same as the 519.
My cousin has a 519 for his Sony DSR-250P, and some years ago i had owned a Libec ST-70(2A) with a PH-7. The PH-7 is extendable, and the PH-3 is not.
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2008, 02:08 PM   #3
Regular Crew

How to attach the pan handle

I just received the Libec LS38 and I am trying to fix the pan handle to the head. This is the first time I am using any tripod, so I have a couple of basic questions:

1. Is the pan handle supposed to be free to rotate on its axis?

2. Is the black metal washer that comes with it supposed to be between the locking knob and pan-handle or between the pan handle and the head?
Srinivas Swaminathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I had the same question when I recieved my libec 38. The solution was to tighten the knob a bit more.
Travis Fadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2008, 02:16 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Travis, I tightened a bit and it seems to be fine now. I am a newbie making the first big investment and was scared of breaking something by overtightenin, lol. BTW, I have the washer outside, is that supposed to be right?
Srinivas Swaminathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM   #6
Major Player

Pan Handle

To my surprise, my extended arm from my 503 workds with my ls38. Doesn't match, but gives me the extension that I need sometimes.

Jonathan Schwartz
CA Video Productions
Jonathan Schwartz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads