Got Tripod? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads

Old May 5th, 2003, 11:35 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Got Tripod?

What tripod or tripod/head combo are you currently using? I have a GL2 and I'm looking to spend around 150-200$. Guide me! I currently have a Sakaar. Not sure what the model is.

Thanks,
Gil
Gilbert Xiong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 01:52 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Personally, I would up your budget slightly to a minimum of $300-400. If that's not currently possible, I'd live with your Sakaar for another month or two until you can scrape together the additional funds.

I think the minimum head for such a camera is the Bogen 501 with a set of decent Bogen sticks to go with it.

I have seen the Vinten Pro 5 setup for $500, which is a good price for an excellent name.
Old May 5th, 2003, 02:18 PM   #3
Regular Crew

This is what I have and it seems to be perfect for my pd150:
Bogen / Manfrotto
3021 Pro Tripod Legs (Chrome) with 3030 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head (Quick Release) - Supports 11.00 lb (4.99 kg) for $185 from B&H

It's not the ideal tripod for pro video applications but since your budget (like mine) is limited this tripod will serve you well.

To make your tripod even more steady I would recommend you get or make a small sandbag.

Stylianos Moschapidakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2003, 03:10 PM   #4
Tourist

Libec M20

I have the Libec M20 and whereas it is not the best you can do, it is pretty good for the money, about $189 at B&H.

Here's a link:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bh2.sph/...ID=F5314FF9360

www.bullpencatcher.com
Bryan Perry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Tripod Sticks & Heads