Underwater video clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old August 28th, 2007, 12:25 PM   #1
Major Player

Underwater video clips

Here is a link to a site where I have underwater videos taken while scubadiving.

I used the FX7 and a Gates housing.

http://stage6.divx.com/user/ronscuba/videos/
Ron Chau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 04:37 AM   #2
Trustee

Fine looking video! Even though I own a V1, I am continually impressed by the great visuals from these cameras. I have never seen a "prosumer" camera before that can replicate the vivid colors of marine environments. The realistic quality of these images rivals anything I have seen of undersea images, including IMAX.

How did you handle white balance? Did you let it go automatic or did you crank up the red with a custom daylight setting? What sort of stabilization are you using (camera setting or software)?
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 09:34 AM   #3
Major Player

Manual white balance is the way to go for underwater video. I use either the white sand or if I'm not near the bottom, my grey fins. If I am diving deeper, I use the special underwater filter, and manually set white balance again with the filter in place.

The camcorder steadyshot was on, but that's it. Staying rock still for video is tough and something I still need improvement on.

Underwater video really lets the FX7 and it's manual settings shine over the lower end auto-everything cams.
Ron Chau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land