Wildlife film making course at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old September 4th, 2007, 08:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Wildlife film making course

Hi there every one.

I was wondering if any one has taken or has heard things about the wild life acadmey film course ( http://www.wildlifefilmacademy.com ) . Its based in Cape Town. As far as I can tell the course sounds great but I would love some more opnions before I dive in.

Cheers

Jennie
Jennie Stenhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #2
Inner Circle

This sounds like an interesting course.
I might be interested myself.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 04:42 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Well I have decided to go ahead with the course. So I will write up a report or keep any one intreasted updated on my blog. I am so excited about this!!

I leave in November so it will also be rad to get a little sun, after the glaswegian winter sets in!

Jennie
Old September 6th, 2007, 05:03 AM   #4
Trustee

Jennie,

Thanks in advance for keeping us posted. I'd really like to know how it goes and what your thoughts were on the course.
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:43 PM   #5
Tourist

Wild life film academy

Hi Jennie,
I would like to know if you have found out anything about the wildlife film academy.
I have already enrolled for the November course, didnt pay as yet.Have already written to a past trainee found from the net, but no reply. If you can contact me , we will discuss.
Thanks.
Sunil Gunaratne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2008, 08:44 AM   #6
Regular Crew

HOWDY guys!!

well sorry for the delay but I have done the course and it was stellar. If you want to ask questions on something specific or have a chat about whether its teh course for you feel free to drop me a line. I would love to help out.

Jennie
Old February 20th, 2008, 12:20 AM   #7
New Boot

The 3 most important things

Hi Jennie

I am leaving for South Africa in two weeks. What do you think the three most inportant things that you learned where? What would be the most important tips you would give?
Thanks for any info
Walter R. Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 01:10 PM   #8
Regular Crew

3 most important things

Hey there .

Right now this is a pretty tough question i think.
in no particular order, i would say the three most important things are

Story
Personality
Drive.

Okay i guess thats pretty obscure .. the course is really good but its no walk in the park the things that will make you employable on the other side of the course or allow you to pursue your own projects is having the drive to absorb all the information that your provided with and take advanatage of all the people and places that your exposed to. You have to learn quick to work as a team and be the very best people person that you can be.

You have to figure out what talent you have that you can hone durning and after the course that will let you stand out from the rest of the budding film makers. Thats the drive and personality bit covered :)

Story is really what its all about work hard on finding a great story to tell that you are passionate and the rest will come.

as for tips
just work as hard as you possibly can!
enjoy it the lectures are awesome.

When i took the course there were some things i think could of been improved I would be intreasted to see how your experince goes.

good luck! and if you have any questions while your there feel free to drop me a email.

I am in port elizabeth now. living on a game reserve editing and shooting its totally amazing and all stemed from the course.

Cheers

Jennie
Old February 23rd, 2009, 05:25 AM   #9
Tourist

Wildlife and underwater film and editing courses

Hi all,

I'm new to DVi and just noticed the posts about wildlife film courses. I'm not sure if this reply will get posted as its a bit of advertising really, but have a look at Wildlife Courses, Newquay Zoo, Cornwall College, Video, Jeff Goodman,

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeff Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:22 AM   #10
Tourist

Ive heard about this and I'm very interested in doing one of the courses at the end of this year or start of next year. But I have two questions about it; Im 18 years old at the moment, do you think it would be wise from me to wait until I'm older and have more experience or is this course for any age group? Second question is, how much rand does this course cost ?
Majerle Jay Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 04:54 AM   #11
Tourist

Hi Majerle,

It's never to early to star wildlife filming on land or underwater. The courses in question really cater for all ages and abilities. Full details can be found at http://www.jeffgoodman.co.uk/wildlifeandunderwatercoursesintropage.html
or at www.jeffgoodman.co.uk

Cheers,

Jeff
Jeff Goodman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land