My Wildlife documentary on vimeo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old July 7th, 2008, 02:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

My Wildlife documentary on vimeo

hi,

today I uploaded my 30 min wildlife documentary film to vimeo. you can watch and your comments are welcome;

http://www.vimeo.com/1294610

thanks,

alkim.
Old July 7th, 2008, 02:58 PM   #2
Regular Crew

i'm watching it. my compliments, the footage is really impressive. the slomo of the fox digging the nose in the snow is beautiful.
where exactly is the province? wich camera did you use?

pietro
Pietro Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM   #3
Regular Crew

ok i know where it is. i've been in erzurum on my way to iran a few years ago. might get there again soon.
Pietro Jona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi Alkim
Not often a film is so catching that I forget to look for errors. And I don't want to look it over again to try to find some. That would not be fair. Very good footage, story and a good voice. If I had to put my finger on something, I would like some more comments in the beginning of the film. I thought I was a little "one sentence at a time". But it picked up very well. And a little more of the natural sound. But that is just me.
Be proud of this.
Great video, thanks for shearing.
Arnt
Old July 8th, 2008, 03:41 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thank you Alkim for showing your documentary on the wildlife, and environment of the Ardahan Province in Turkey the film was captivating, lovely scenes within the landscape through winter and spring, a well written and laid out message of conservation within the narrative, very professional made film.
Old July 8th, 2008, 05:47 AM   #6
Regular Crew

pietro,

the region is north east of turkey. Kars and Ardahan is north of erzurum. if you ll go there, prefere the winter times. landscape is absolutely amazing...

I used canon xl2. 20x, 3x and ef 100-400 L. for sound, I use audıo technıca at 890 shutgun and sony hı md recorder mzrh 910. tripod is manfrotto 190 nat, and 501 head.

and as a technıcal knowledge, dv info is my primary source :)

thanks

alkim.
Alkim Un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 06:01 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnt Mollan View Post
Hi Alkim
Not often a film is so catching that I forget to look for errors. And I don't want to look it over again to try to find some. That would not be fair. Very good footage, story and a good voice. If I had to put my finger on something, I would like some more comments in the beginning of the film. I thought I was a little "one sentence at a time". But it picked up very well. And a little more of the natural sound. But that is just me.
Be proud of this.
Arnt
hı arnt,

thanks a lot for your positive comments. you are right about commenting. the main logic for acquiring comments- negatıves and positives - is sharing our knowledge and experiences here.

during the script writing stage, I have a very limited time, as you stated, I also want to add or change some text but this is my first 30 min doc, and this is a long journey, a alot of things to learn, and I like this journey itself, not the results I get...

thanks again,
alkim.
Old July 8th, 2008, 06:03 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Chant View Post
Thank you Alkim for showing your documentary on the wildlife, and environment of the Ardahan Province in Turkey the film was captivating, lovely scenes within the landscape through winter and spring, a well written and laid out message of conservation within the narrative, very professional made film.
hi ron,

thank you for your positive words.

alkim.
Old July 8th, 2008, 06:06 AM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnt Mollan View Post
Hi Alkim
Be proud of this.
Arnt
arnt,

unhortunately, during the shot on location, I m usually alone, so ı couldn't record too much sound. I know this film needs much more sound :(

thanks,
alkim.
Old July 8th, 2008, 06:16 AM   #10
Major Player

Alkim,

Having read several of your previous posts on this project, your hard work has certainly paid off. One of the most enjoyable half hours I had for sometime. I have no wish to comment on small aspects of the film as overall this is a brilliant piece of work and should be view as a whole, I think,like me, most viewers will be captivated. I certainly now know about a part of the world that I did not know existed.

I wish you all the success you deserve, you must enter it in one of the many wildlife film festivals that are held around the world.

Regard

Mick

www.mppvideos.co.uk
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 01:53 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Hi Alkim,

Lovely film, I really enjoyed watching it - thanks for posting the link. It probably could do with a little more sound but I wouldn't over do it. The music works really well with the beautiful imagery and it gave the whole thing a sense of atmosphere. It was also nice to see the local people and their cultural ways.

Congratulations and well done.

All the best
Pete
Old July 8th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Jenner View Post
Alkim,

Having read several of your previous posts on this project, your hard work has certainly paid off. One of the most enjoyable half hours I had for sometime. I have no wish to comment on small aspects of the film as overall this is a brilliant piece of work and should be view as a whole, I think,like me, most viewers will be captivated. I certainly now know about a part of the world that I did not know existed.

I wish you all the success you deserve, you must enter it in one of the many wildlife film festivals that are held around the world.

Regard

Mick

www.mppvideos.co.uk

Mick,

thanks a lot. yes it was a long and tiring project and now I have something. I started to send it to the festivals as well.

alkim.
Old July 8th, 2008, 03:25 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter McMurdie View Post
Hi Alkim,

Lovely film, I really enjoyed watching it - thanks for posting the link. It probably could do with a little more sound but I wouldn't over do it. The music works really well with the beautiful imagery and it gave the whole thing a sense of atmosphere. It was also nice to see the local people and their cultural ways.

Congratulations and well done.

All the best
Pete
hi Pete,

thanks for your positive comments, sound is my weak side, and I need a good sound man in the field next time,

alkim.
Old July 8th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #14
Major Player

Hi Alkim,
I have some friends who are leaving for Turkey next week. They told me how beautiful the country is, and I see that they are right. Gorgeous scenery captured to perfection. I especially like the way you take a very small moving subject and use it to animate the whole landscape. This was especially evident with the train. My favorite shot, although not nature was the woman in the window down in the corner with the rest black. Classic and superb.
One small comment. A couple of scenes were stills and just a bit jarring in their lack of movement (like the eagle with the fox). Panning across them would have been nice. Also the men with the scythes was a little too long. I kept saying "When are they going to get those flowers". The could have done it sooner for greater effect.
Thank you for this wonderful film. There is a lot to learn from it.
Steve Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 07:02 AM   #15
Major Player

Thank you Alkim.
A journey discovering life under and over snow and ice linked by snowmelt to spring and summer of waterfowl, harriers, black kites, cranes, a frenzied phalarope (I think), a magnificent black stork and 4-footed life in a wild setting of seasonal waterfalls and grasslands.

A welcome insight for me. 2 superb shrubs, daphne glomerata and azalea luteum grow together near this area which I'd love to visit. The winter/spring weather charts show it as permanently below freezing but your film shows that sunshine at that latitude is quite hot in springtime forcing rapid change of seasons. Very interesting.
Brendan Marnell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land