Short Skiing Edit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old December 10th, 2008, 07:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Short Skiing Edit

Here is a little commercial i put together for Whiteface's web sight. Its 3 days of shooting on there opening weekend pretty amazing conditions.

Whiteface Opening Weekend on Vimeo
Craig Stay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM   #2
Major Player

Craig, I did not like "unfinished" jump shots. I would have the subject jump 2 times and shoot the landing as well or use 2 cameras to get the same effect. I know shooting skiing is as hard as it gets, but this is what would make for great shots. The calendar shots were fantastic! It gave me idea for the my documentary.
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2008, 04:30 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yea i defiantly want the landing with the cable cam thats the beauty of having equipment like that. Unfortunately the next mounting point was like 600 feet away so i need more cable :p
Craig Stay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008, 07:48 AM   #4
Regular Crew

If you don't do this for a living - you should. Understand, my frontal cortex isn't all that well developed .. so I loved the story line and fantasy aspects of the clips, but after watching Warren Miller for years and FUEL.TV a couple times a week.. the actual skiing/boarding could have been trimmed to about 15sec. Good for you.

j im
Jim Cancil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 02:42 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Stay View Post
Yea i defiantly want the landing with the cable cam thats the beauty of having equipment like that. Unfortunately the next mounting point was like 600 feet away so i need more cable :p
Craig, just set a second camera (on a tripod) somewhere to the side, down from landing site. when your subject starts to descent, just cut to the second camera.
Robert Rogoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land