1min 32sec at -20F at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old January 30th, 2009, 01:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

1min 32sec at -20F

Please enjoy this preview of what nature can provide when you are not looking for it, in what is a blink of the eyes.

Link: Welcome to worldwidemedia.com Stock Footage Wildlife Short Film 1min 32sec at -20F

Have a great day

Last edited by Mike Blumberg; January 30th, 2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: fixed link
Mike Blumberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 07:05 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Mike,

That is some very nice footage of a bald Eagle. You did a fine job slowing it down too.

A couple questions: 1. At -20 f where is the ice???
2. The resolution on the video clip is awesome for the interent. I was interested in what you do to get it so nice.
Old February 1st, 2009, 08:33 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Dale,

Thank you for your comments.

#1 no ice, the eagle is really on an ice flow near the shore, but the river is open in this area due to it location near a power plant that keeps the warter open and attracts eagles to fish.

#2 I am on a mac I use FCP to export to QT7 Pro. I key every 300 frames on all my stuff and cut it in half so this one is 640 360 Fps is what is being put out of FCP never change it so this one is 23.98fps also i will change the gama about 8% and lightness to 108 all of this is done in the QT app.

I hope this helps

Have a great day
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blumberg View Post
I key every 300 frames on all my stuff and cut it in half so this one is 640 360 Fps is what is being put out of FCP never change it so this one is 23.98fps
Great! I don't understand this part though. Are you telling quicktime during export to keyframe every 300 frames (as opposed to auto, 24, etc...) Is that what you are referring to here?
I've had a problem where my QT video is completely black until it fully loads, with no option to play. How do you make sure I can start playing your video before it fully loads? Is that the "fast start" option during export, or am I missing something?
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Aric,

When you export to quicktime from FCP there are many options including Fast Start which I never change. This allows the move to start before it completly downloaded. I use high bandwith as my selection, but click the options button and make the changes in key frames to 300 and I never change the fps I keep it at current frame rate which for me is 23.98fps. The article below will mention 15 but I don't do it

This article by ken stone written many years ago still holds true today except some of the windows in QT have changed, It helped me a lot. You will have to play around a little to get the look you want but it works

QuickTime Pro - QT Movies from FCP

Hope this helps.

Have a great day.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land