New clip Bearded vulture (Gypaetus barbatus) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old June 22nd, 2009, 01:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

New clip Bearded vulture (Gypaetus barbatus)

Hi

A new clip on Bearded vulture on my website, sound is always problematic it cut in the middle of the clip.

Regards

Gilles
Old June 23rd, 2009, 04:09 PM   #2
Major Player

A very interesting clip Gilles, thank you.

I did not know 'til now that the lammergier behaves differently on the ground from other vultures. He seems to find walking much easier and uses this mobility to do a lot a scanning and re-scanning from different points of view. It was informative to see him standing beside a young griffon and a young black vulture. His size seems to fit in between them. His bright colours surprise me because I'm so used to seeing the dull or dark colours of the other vultures when they are on the ground.

What I have not seen is how his underwing pattern looks when he's gliding or soaring.

And then I'll want to know what he had for breakfast ...
Brendan Marnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi

The Lammergeier walk very easyly like an Eagle than a Vultur, the bird is very timid and approach very carefully, he turn in flight above the area for a long time before landing away on a little rock, on the ground he approach in (S) stopping to scan the area.
Colors are very vivid i think that's one of the most beautiful Vultur, the orange brownish color is due to (Iron oxid) present in the natural pool water where he take his bath.

They fly very often in pair, the sound of the flight is very impressive. We dont see the bird breaking bones from flight, may be the next time with biggest bones (arround 1 kg) disposed away on a plane rock.

For the breakfast that was bones and sheep's legs, a little bit problematic with the female Fox.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land