Prairie Crocus Bloom at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old May 8th, 2010, 09:01 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Prairie Crocus Bloom

Good evening,

the prairie crocus is only out for a couple weeks each spring. the last two years i have been after them but have been under heavily winded conditions and it has snowed on them (in late april and May!!!) both years.
this was about the best I got this year. Not real pleased with it but i thought I would share this beautiful bit of flora.

dale Guthormsen
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:33 AM   #2
Major Player

I enjoyed that. You’ve got some really nice shots under the most difficult field conditions possible! I agree- beautiful bit of flora.
Mike Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 11:26 PM   #3
Major Player

Good to hear you were able to get out at least this year. What camera do you primarily use?

Also, were those "dolly shots" from a slider of some sort?
Ryan Farnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Ryan,

Yes I shot those off the infamous skate board with an old miller fluid head mounted on it, I Have a 6 foot track I made for it to run in.

I am going to build a pvc track with the ability to level it, also going to can the skate board, save the wheels and make a simple sled to run on the pvc pipe, it should be much more stable.

a plastic rain gutter mounted on a 1x6 use a piece of the gutter cover to make the camera mount, grease the gutter and you will get smooth slides.

Oh yea, I prefer my xlh1 though the fx 1000 creates some fantasic images if I do things right, it is also very convient and I am getting some reasonable use out of the slo motion feature.

Dale
Old May 10th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #5
Major Player

Wow Dale, I wish I had time to do this kind of video, as these are my kind of video, that I like to do, when I actually get out to do them, that is.

The scenery is is great. We have some areas in this part of the country that are just as beautiful, but I guess, I won't see them again until I get another vehicle, or rent one for the weekend, and take the family on an outing, where they can enjoy this kind of beauty for themselves.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land