BBC Wild Wales at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old July 11th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #1
Major Player

BBC Wild Wales

Enjoyed what I saw of the new BBC programe tonight Wild Wales which I noticed the cameraman was Steve Phillips who has contributed a lot to this and other forums on DVINFO
If you missed the programe (part of which I did) it is being repeated BBC2 tomorrow night at 7pm.
Well done Steve.

Mick
Mick Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 05:18 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Thanks Mick, appreciate that.
For those interested, shot a lot of HDW750 HDCam, some on PDW700 and Varicam 2700. I guess this will be on BBC HD at some point, which would be interesting as we could compare the 3 different cameras then - on SD they all look the same.
I never saw the HD playout myself, but the editors told me they all cut together OK, one comment being the noise on the HDW750, so this was actually probably the least favourite of the 3.
Slomo from the PDW700 in 720/50P looks as good as the Varicam slomo to me, but again without seeing it properly in HD with good transmission it's hard to say. It's also the most noise-free of the three, even at 9db there's virtually nothing there.
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2010, 10:43 AM   #3
Trustee

Caught the first one of these the other night. (Late repeat I think) - Very nice, some great work there Steve. I will be looking out for the next one.

Mat
Mat Thompson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land