A Day on Cape Cod at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old December 16th, 2015, 07:12 AM   #1
Vortex Media

A Day on Cape Cod

I shot this 4K stock footage over the course of a couple of days last summer while I was on vacation in the Eastham area of Cape Cod. About 70% was shot 4K RAW; 10% 4K XAVC; and 20% 2K RAW @ 240 fps. About 90% was shot with my RED 300mm. Grading was done with Davinci Resolve 11.

Camera: Sony PMW-F55
Codec: 4K RAW, 2K RAW, 4K XAVC
Lenses: Red Prime Pro 300mm, Zeiss LWZ 15.5-45mm, Red 50-150mm

BTW, I'm interested in selling my RED 300mm so contact me if you are interested. It is a great lens and has paid for itself many times over.

Old December 16th, 2015, 08:08 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: A Day on Cape Cod

You take that kind of gear with you on a holiday? :D Very nice shots in there, I particulary like the bird in the grass shot at 01:12.

Not sure if others see this but if I look at embedded films on this forum they are low resolution, only when I go to the vimeo page where this video is located I get to see it in a much higher resolution.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2015, 06:58 PM   #3
Vortex Media

The best holiday I can think of is the chance to go out and shoot whatever I want. That is a vacation! If it generates some revenue for stock (usually enough to pay for the trip) that is just icing on the cake. :-)
Old December 17th, 2015, 02:46 AM   #4
Major Player

Can Vimeo "do" 4K? Love to see this video top quality and I have a 4K monitor at the ready.

Ron
Ronald Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2015, 08:39 AM   #5
Vortex Media

I don't know whether Vimeo can stream 4K or not, but this was edited in HD so it wouldn't matter anyway.
Old December 19th, 2015, 07:30 AM   #6
Trustee

Doug, beautiful footage and fantastic color. I agree with you, when I go I vacation I take it all. Shooting video is my vacation. Oh, I watched your presentation on getting perfect exposure on the B&H learning web page. Great job. After all these years I can still learn something. Thanks. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2015, 11:39 AM   #7
Vortex Media

Hi Bob, thank you very much for the nice comments on the Cape Cod footage. I had almost forgotten all about the B&H Exposure / White Balance presentation I did last summer! I was on the road for three months right after I did it and I hadn't even given it a thought since then. I guess I'll have to track it down and take a look. Thanks for the reminder. It's good to hear you liked it but I'll bet I will cringe when I see my "performance". A live unscripted presentation is not my forte. :-)
Old December 20th, 2015, 05:52 AM   #8
Trustee

I spend most of my career giving live unscripted presentation to large community groups. Trust me, you did well. I also bought and watched your "Mastering the Canon XF305/300" training DVD numerous times before I even bought the camcorder. I learned an awful lot from you. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2015, 07:33 AM   #9
Vortex Media

Well thank you Bob. Those are very nice things to say and I appreciate it very much. I guess maybe we are own worst critic sometimes. :-) I like doing my camera training videos because those are all 100% scripted and I feel more in control.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land