Myakka River State Park, Florida at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old May 17th, 2019, 12:33 PM   #1
Vortex Media

Myakka River State Park, Florida

I was on vacation camping at Myakka River State Park in Florida for a couple of days last week and could not resist capturing some of the abundant wildlife there for 4K stock footage with my Sony Z280. It is so nice to have a fast 17x zoom lens after struggling with the limitations of removable SLR and PL lenses for the last few years. This is a small sampling of the 252 clips that I will be uploading for stock footage sales.

Old May 19th, 2019, 05:01 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Myakka River State Park, Florida

Beautiful footage, Doug. Love the grade too. Saturated, but not artificially so. Looks like that 17x came in quite handy. Were you in a blind as well?
Oren Arieli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 08:28 AM   #3
Trustee

Doug, please or beautiful clips. Gives me a better idea of what you submit. I am in Colorado right now and plan on heading back to Atlanta on the back roads tomorrow. Hope to shoot some video. I am still uploading clips to shutter stock. Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 10:51 AM   #4
Major Player

Some nice footage there. Thanks for sharing.
Old May 20th, 2019, 03:08 PM   #5
Trustee

Wow, thats one hell of a state park. What blows me away is the amount of quality footage "while camping for a couple of days". Great job Doug! I have been camping all my life and have never seen that much wildlife in a couple days if outside our National Park System. Maybe I need to come to Florida. I have been there many times for business but never for pleasure. I don't know what your style of camping is? I spent decades backpacking or otherwise sleeping on the ground every chance I got. Several years ago I bought an RV and got spoiled very quickly. Backpacking in bear country....no problem. Tent camping with those gators around.....NOT A CHANCE!

Your stock program has given me a whole new level of motivation to get out and shoot just for fun like I used too. Adding the challenge of possibly selling something while I am out enjoying the wilderness like I do all the time means I am going to open the camera bags and not just haul them around.

Kind Regards,

Steve
Old May 21st, 2019, 08:03 AM   #6
Vortex Media

Thanks for the compliments! Yes, it was one hell of a state park. We stopped there for a couple of nights on the way to the Everglades (didn't shoot anything at all there) and then stopped for one more night on the way back home. We had no idea what to expect before we got there but it was so alive with critters for such a small space. Everything in the highlights video (plus about an hour more of good stock) was shot within 25 yards of a paved road that ran for about 3 miles through the woods and meadows. In Yellowstone it would take hundreds of miles of driving to see that many animals. Not that I'm against Yellowstone, mind you, it's my favorite place to visit and 'm going back again this fall, but it can't beat Myakka for concentration of wildlife. I wasn't even planning on shooting anything on this trip but I threw the Z280 and a tripod into the van "just in case". It would have been torture being at the park if I didn't have a camera. I've learned that lesson too many times to not bring a camera with me almost everywhere I go now.

No tents for me, either! I just park the RV someplace and then I disconnect the van and can roam around the countryside for 2-3 hours in the late afternoon until to gets too dark.
Attached Thumbnails
Myakka River State Park, Florida-img_0838.jpg  
Old May 21st, 2019, 11:03 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Wow, really awesome footage! Such beauty and so much wildlife!

Are those sandhill cranes?
Old May 22nd, 2019, 04:46 AM   #8
Vortex Media

Thanks.
Yes, adults and juvenile Sandhill Cranes. There were at least two different families of three birds in different areas of the park.

Last edited by Doug Jensen; May 22nd, 2019 at 05:41 AM.
Doug Jensen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land