FX6: Geese, Swans, and Ducks at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old August 18th, 2021, 08:12 AM   #1
Vortex Media

FX6: Geese, Swans, and Ducks

This is additional 4K wildlife test footage that I shot with my FX6 and Sony's 200-600mm f/5.6 and 100-400 f/4.5 lenses. Most of the footage was shot at 120 fps using S-Cinetone and final grading in Resolve.

Old August 18th, 2021, 12:56 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: FX6: Geese, Swans, and Ducks

Doug. I just love watching your videos. Very impressive clips. The slow motion looks great. I am leaving on Monday for four days of videoing at the Pee Dee NWR in NC. Due to Covid my trip to Antarctica has been cancelled until Nov. 2022. So instead I will be heading down to Merrett Island sometime in January. How will be birding be are the refuge? Take care and stay safe, Bob
Bob Safay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2021, 01:48 PM   #3
Vortex Media

Re: FX6: Geese, Swans, and Ducks

Hey Bob, thanks for the compliments. Be sure to let me know when you're coming down to Florida so we can hook up for some shooting. The birds have not been as good the last couple of years, but you never know what you are going to find until you get out there and take a look. It can vary a lot from day to day.

I've never been to Pee Dee NWR, but it is on my list of places I'd like to shoot someday. Please report what you find.

We leave soon on a 8-week 6000 mile road trip to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, and other stops a long the way, plus NAB in Vegas. I'm taking the Z750 and FX6 as my main cameras. I'm really looking forward to the trip, and that's been the driving force to get comfortable with the FX6 and new 200-600mm lens before I get out there and have some serious wildlife opportunities besides birds at the local pond!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land