Alligator Encounters at Circle B Bar Reserve at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old August 4th, 2022, 02:00 PM   #1
Major Player

Alligator Encounters at Circle B Bar Reserve

I submitted a short video for UWOL 63 that had some alligators in it. There was interest expressed about seeing a longer video with more alligators, so here's a link to a seven minute video I finished today that shows what I've observed about alligators from courtship, to nesting, to hatchlings, to adulthood on land and in the water. Feeding, a brief tussle, gators blocking and crossing trails, roads, gators swimming, bellowing...

It's got some rough places. The best shots were when I had time to plan and set up. But the subject is interesting. I never knew gator mom's carried babies in their mouth until I saw it for myself and captured it. It's in the video. There are tiny newborn gators up to a massive monster bellowing near the end. You should hear what's called a bellowing chorus in real life. I don't know how you could capture that well. Filming humans I used multiple microphones, even having them wear lavaliers. But multiple gators from all directions, don't know how to do justice to how that sounds.

Here's the link:

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land