The Ethics of Wildlife Shooting - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land

Under Water, Over Land
Tools & Techniques for Nature, Outdoors, Wildlife & Underwater Videography.

Old September 7th, 2006, 05:33 PM   #166
Major Player

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on Steve Irwin. I loved all that he did. He did a lot for wildlife. Made watching and learning exciting which probably helped to make people more generous with wildlife conservation funds. Probably helped to generate more $$ for wildlife than anyone will ever know with his showmanship. Was very very sad to hear about it.
Steve Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #167
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Marnell
Just script it "Mozart has been driven out of the tribe for breeding" and omit any addition of "One can't help feeling sorry for Mozart" or "She will be feeling isolated and is trying desperately to rejoin". I'd accept that. If that's what you mean then what you're implying is ... the script should stick to objective observation and leave out subjective follow through.
Yes, or at least tone down the subjective commentary to slightly less blatant levels. As Mark says the current version does get your attention, but does it leave people thinking of Meerkats as Meerkats or as little furry people? I'd like to have a little left to the imagination here, with more emphasis on the fact that these are animals and not people.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Under Water, Over Land